Saturday, May 3, 2014

Eye for an Eiger - Out May 9th


It's been a blast, but all good things must come to an end.

At least, that's what the album release means for Sean and me. We have been chipping away at Eye for an Eiger on nights, weekends, and lunch breaks for almost a year and a half. We started planning the album in the summer of 2012. We recording rough tracks the week before my wedding in January 2013. Drums, bass, and keys followed in March, April, and May.

Then we spent 6 months recording the million little things that get me jazzed about production: marimba, theremin, vibroslap,  castanets, background vocals, layered guitar parts, synthesizers.

Its these details of production work that I love the most. Every production project that I undertake keeps me dreaming of a million little details that might take a song to the next level.

Every session is a big, fun hangout. There is a lot of time for fun in and around the times we hit the "record" button. And spending time with the great people who bring their talents to the recording studio is what makes a year-and-a-half long project fly right by.

So for those of you who will be hearing it for the first time, I hope you enjoy it. There will be a release show on May 9th at 7:50 PM if you happen to be in the Los Angeles area.

Production photos after the break.











No comments:

Post a Comment